52 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

52Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST return showing as finalised in myob but not on IRD

I have recently been transfered over from Essentials to Bussiness pro. I filed my GST return yesterday with myob and it is saying its finalised, IRD site is saying my return is due to be filed. I would think that 24 hours is enough time to connect this through. Its just as well I double checked on the IRD site. My question is going foward why did this happen and how do I have assurance that you have fixed it? Part of the ease of using this platform is to have this automated for me. If I have to login to the IRD site each time to manually file my return it is no longer fit for purpose.

6 REPLIES 6
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: GST return showing as finalised in myob but not on IRD

Hi @RUNCO,

Thank you for your post. 

We regret to know that you are having difficulty in filing your GST returns. Sorry to hear about the experience. In this matter, when the filing status is marked as submitted or finalized, then that tells us that it has been submitted from the software's end. There can be several reasons why it has not reached the IRD, but most common one is that, there is a delay transmitting the information to the IRD. We do recommend speaking directly with IRD to see whether they had known issues at that time which would have prevented you from lodging to GST, this is to ensure you are not missing the deadline. my apologies, as we cannot check if the submission to the IRD has been successfully submitted or not. 

I hope this helps. If you still have questions or concerns, or if you still need assistance with this, please feel free to post again. Rest assured that one of our MYOB Community Forum Moderators will be happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RUNCO
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

52Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

HI thanks for your reply,

Under a new tab called acounting it looks like there is a new tab to file a gst return. Also there is a new format when sumbmitting the return their are two boxes linked to my chart of accounts that were never there previously, where do I find these accounts? I have never had these accounts on my chart of accounts.

GST output tax adjustment account

GST input tax adjustment account

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @RUNCO,

Thank you for the update. To better assist you with this, may I request a screenshot of the screen where you can see the new tab to file the GST return and the page where you can see the new format when submitting the return, so we can check and assist you further?  

Thanks, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RUNCO
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

52Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

HI see my screen shots below

Screenshot (495).png
Screenshot (496).png
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @RUNCO,

We appreciate your effort sending screenshot. And thank your for getting back to us and providing an  update. 

Apologies for the delayed response. To address your concern, please click on "Prepare GST Return (new)" under the accounting tab and follow the steps provided. Let us know how it goes.

Should you require further assistance or have additional questions, feel free to reach out to us again or create a new post. Our Community Forum moderators are here to help you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @RUNCO,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post