Forum Discussion

HethBennett
Experienced User
7 months ago

I have the Payroll blues!

Hi all, our company upgraded to the latest version of Outlook and my Payroll version 2023.1 would no longer email out payslips unless I switched back to the old version of Outlook. I had a google and saw the recommendation was to uninstall Payroll and then re-install it, at which point Payroll would identify the new email program and start using it. I followed the instructions to the letter (or so I thought) and Payroll unistalled. Then when I came to re-install it, I couldn't see where to download it. In MY.Myob under products it says we have none. Eventually I went to downloads and found it there from earlier this year. I managed to get everything back up and running (I think) but now I get a message come up on the welcome screen telling me this payroll has previously used in a later version of Payroll and I must please obtain a build equal to or greater than 1243 to ensure the integrity of all information is maintained. Now I have no idea where to get this from, seeing as according to My.Myob we have no products at all. Also, the payslips still won't email and it won't post journals into the company file :-(

I also think I saw that a cloud-based version of payroll is available. Is that a replacement for what I have now because if it's more user-friendly than what is currenly ruining my happy work day vibe I am super keen!

Any advice / solutions / sympathy gratefully received! Also, happy Friday :-)

3 Replies

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi HethBennett 

This was an issue where the 2023.1 upgrade broke the link to AccountRight. I think the latest version is 1243 which was the fix.  Try uninstall, delete the Payroll folders, then reinstall. Make sure you have a backup, but you shouldn't need to delete the folder in docs where you data is. Just delete the programme folders.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi HethBennett 

Make the new version is right for you - it's pretty basic to start (no employee second bank accounts, no jobs, no leave balances yet) - all planned for early in the new year.

jcbc
    Experienced User

I have the same issue, computer died & I installed the latest version alone with outlook & same error but I ignored it as all employee details were correct

I managed to process the pays but not sure what will happen when I finalise them, hopefully the journal will record