MYOB payroll journals not posting correctly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB payroll journals not posting correctly

Hi everyone, I seem to have lost a setting somewhere and it has changed my journal postings so that PAYE is no longer separated out from my wages clearing account. 

I am using MYOB payroll 2022.1 and our MYOB is AccountRight Premier NZ 2022.5.0

I was getting a warning note come up that there were some department codes missing in Payroll after our external IT supplier created a new online profile for me so I'm pretty sure I need to put the PAYE account code in somewhere but I don't know where! 

I did change the default general ledger code for payroll liabilities to PAYE but then it posted everything to PAYE and my Wages Clearing Account had nothing posted in it.

If anyone understands my enquiry and has an answer or a suggestion I'd love to hear it!

Pics of screen shots attached.

Cheers Heather

Journal with no PAYE itemized.PNG
Journal with PAYE itemized.PNG
Current setting.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB payroll journals not posting correctly

Hi @HethBennett 

It's been a while since I had a look at the NZ Payroll integration with AccountRight.

However, it sounds like you need to go into Maintain Pay Codes>>Select the PAYE --Tax pay code and enter that General Ledger Liability Code. This should filter that PAYG component out to the particular account for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Re: MYOB payroll journals not posting correctly

Amazing! Yes the code was missing from PAYE and from KiwiSaver so when I filled those in my journal entry is a far better version of itself.

Many, MANY thanks and have the best day!

Cheers Heather

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post