payroll reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
debbieg
Experienced Cover User
59 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

59Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

payroll reports

Reporting YTD Gross is less than Myob YTD Gross, by an amount of one employee's ETP(unused rdo). His YTD in reporting is less than the MYOB YTD figure by this amount. If I add his ETP To his gross total in reporting, of course then all is well. Myob's YTD is correct as it includes this amount. In my confusion with Stp1 To Stp 2, Have I coded the Payroll Category "Unused Rdo on Termination'' incorrectly by putting it from ETP-Taxable Component (Stp 1) to Lump Sum A-Termination (Stp 2)? And if so how is this corrected? His MYOB activity report will show the full total. Payroll reporting to ATO shows it less by this amount, yet does show in ETP on bottom of his summary.  

So at end of Year the payroll reports will differ by this amount. 

Small example...Payroll Activity - $25k. Payroll Reporting Summary - $24k. Diff $1k is in ETP -Taxable component which is how it's been reported to ATO. 

Confused and look forward to help. Deb g

Debbie g
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: payroll reports

Hi @debbieg 

The Wages amount listed on the Payroll Activity Summary report would be the total amount paid to the employee through wage categories. This doesn't look at the actual Payroll Reporting Categories. So if you have used a payroll reporting category that is a wage category, like ETP - Taxable Component, this will be reported in the Wages amount in the Payroll Activity but would be reported as that Reporting Category in the Payroll Reporting reports. 

So if you wanted to reconcile back to an AccountRight report, like the Payroll Activity Summary report, it would be a matter of analysing the Reporting Categories back to the AccountRight payroll categories to determine which ones are Wages, Deductions, Taxes... You would then total those Reporting Categories up to determine the overall wage amount to compare to the Wages in the Payroll report in AccountRight. 

This Forum post: AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports outlines the situation as well.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

debbieg
Experienced Cover User
59 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

59Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: payroll reports

Thank you Steven, sorry for delay in accepting. Life got in the way. I wondered if it was just a matter of totalling the categories to add to the Payroll Reporting figure. I guess i figured that as the Payroll Activity Report had always matched the Payroll Reporting Total, that my coding had to be wrong. But i'm realising that this is what STP2 is about. Much appreciated. Deb G 

Debbie g

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post