Chart of Accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AJM1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Chart of Accounts

With some clients we group the credit cards with the bank accounts in the chart of accounts.  I was recently advised by MYOB that a new credit card had to go into the liability section.  This has made a bit of a mess of our chart of accounts as we now have some credit cards under bank in the asset section (which was allowed before this change was made) and now some in the liaiblity section.

Why don't we get a choice as to where we want to put a credit card in the chart of accounts?  Bank accounts are often overdrafts and yet they are still classified as bank accounts but with a credit balance.

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Chart of Accounts

Hi @AJM1 

An GL account is MYOB is simply an account, it has a number, a name and a Type. To use an account for 'banking' purposes, you need to classify its Type as 'Bank' if it is in the Assets tab, or a 'Credit Card' if its in the Liability Section.

Based on the info you have provided, you can show all of your accounts in the Asset tab. You can Name the account NAB Credit Card and classify it as Type = Bank. 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
AJM1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Chart of Accounts

Hi Gavin, such a simple solution.  I was worried because it was a credit card feed.  Unfortunatley I already have some credit cards locked into the liaiblity section of the chart of accounts which I now wish I could change.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post