New Payrun for the New financial year is not recorded, payment are set to all 0, no report is sent to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GK21
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

New Payrun for the New financial year is not recorded, payment are set to all 0, no report is sent to ATO

I have done EOY on 05/07, posted OK.  Then move to Phase 2.  I processed first payrun for the new financial year this morning.  When I recorded the payrun, the payment page came up with all 0 payments, and finish.  I checked STP reporting center, nothing is listed, no pending, no rejecting.  Payroll account also recorded nothing.  I call for support, talked to 2 people, got cut off for no reason.  I was holding the line for 3 hour and 50 minutes.  A very bad experience.

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: New Payrun for the New financial year is not recorded, payment are set to all 0, no report is sent to ATO

Hello @GK21 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

I have run some scripts over your file which should resolve this issue. Can you please log in and check to see if this is now resolved and let me know.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

GK21
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: New Payrun for the New financial year is not recorded, payment are set to all 0, no report is sent to ATO

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your kind reply.  Our company file is very big, we are running offline.  Were you working on the online one?

Nothing has changes on the offline file.

Regards

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Since the file you are having this issue with is offline you will need to download this hotfix tool and dot the following:

1. Extract the contents of the zip file to the desktop.

2. Right-click the AccountRight_Hotfix.exe application and choose Run as Administrator

3. Browse to a file or drag a file onto the tool.

4. Make sure the customer has a backup of the file and apply the fix.

6. The customer can now prepare and print payment summaries

Additionally, you will also need to update Microsoft .Net Framework to 4.7.2 or higher, I have provided a link here on how to do so.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

GK21
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris,

Could you help me to run the same scripts on our offline file?   The on line one is not current.  Or you can email me with instruction to run those scripts on our myob server.  Please help.

Many thanks.

GK21
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the instructions.  WFH now, will try it on the server next week.

Cheers

GK21
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris,

The hotfix tool doesn't work.  I tried to call support again, this time I asked for tech support team, they don't know what to do.  Can you helpm please.

Thanks

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Are you able to please describe how the hotfix didn't work, did any error messages pop up when trying to run it, or did nothing change after it was successfully run. 

Can you please also confirm that you had updated Microsoft .Net Framework to 4.7.2 or higher prior to running the hotfix tool. If you hadn't updated this please make sure this is updated through this instruction guide here.

There is a different hotfix depending on the version of AccountRight you are running your offline files in, can you please confirm they are running in 2022.5 or if they are using another please let me know. The version can be checked by going to Help and choosing About MYOB.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

GK21
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris,

Hotfix shows it executed successfully, and Microsoft .Net Framework is updated.  But when I run payroll, and click record, it still sets payments to 0 and doesn't report anything.  I called help line again on 12/Jul.  They ask me to bring our company file on line.  A lady run 3 scripts on it.  I then process the same payroll on line, it worked.  I thought the problem has been fixed.  After discussion with the support lady, I took our file down and save it back to local library.  I just run this week's payroll today, it doesn't work again, exact same problem.  I want to know if phrase 2 only works online.  Any suggession would be helpful.

Thanks.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

For STP phase 2 your file does need to be online to be able to report yes. If your file is on STP 2 you will need to have the file online to be able to record your payroll. 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post