Payroll options

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sapherz
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll options

Hi,

I am currently using Accountright Live, which in NZ does not have payroll. What are my options here? Do I add on the payroll, which is a separete system, or can I upgrade to Accountright Plus, assuming that has integrated payroll? Can someone confirm please, I get a bit confused because of the differences between the NZ and Aus options and want to be sure that I will get what I think I will get.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Payroll options

Hi @Sapherz

Thanks for reaching out. 

If you are running an older version of AccountRight (example: AccountRight Standard) there won't be any options to have STP. If this is the case what I would suggest is to migrate to a newer version of AccountRight (either AccountRight Plus or AccountRight Premier) or have a separate subscription for your MYOB Business Payroll. The pricing could be checked on the website. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Sapherz
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Apparently I do require assistance. I can see no options in my.myob to upgrade to Accountright Plus. I tried to do the trial but it just downloads the Accountright I already have and nothing changes in it. 

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sapherz 

Take care, MYOB sacked all of their experienced moderators in favor of outsourced moderators who rely on AI to answer questions - I'm sure this saved them a lot of money. And it's resulted in some interesting forum replies.

I think the response by @Genreve_S is specific to AU users. You mentioned you were using NZ version, but not that you were in NZ. This may have caused 'confusion'.

To further add to the 'confusion' there is only one download for AccountRight. It will open as AU or NZ and as Basic, Standard, Plus or Premier depending on settings in your company file. So you will not see any difference until you change your company file. To change the Product from Standard to Plus, you use Help > Change Product. Note that this is a one-way change and you can only go up not down. If you have a Standard subscription, you might be able to change your Product in the company file to Plus, however when your file expires and needs confirmation (max 2 months), this will fail. So sort the subscription first.

Now about payroll in NZ, perhaps an experienced NZ user can elaborate, however my understanding is that NZ AR2023 users do not get a Payroll module, no matter what product they use. In NZ MYOB have a separate program for Payroll. You process payroll in that program and then export journals to your AR2023 file to reflect the payroll transactions.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

502Kudos

522Solutions

hi @gavin12345 

I was wondering what had happened to all the experienced moderator answers since i had last been active much.

Seems the moderators also jump in at times repeating what a qualified person has said to hopelfully get their reply marked as the 'solution'.

Oops, bet I get banned soon, hahahaha.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Sapherz
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much for your reply Gavin. Yes I am in NZ, and was very conerned about getting it right, due to the difference between Aus and NZ. I did try to 'upgrade' inside Accountright, but it wouldn't let me do it there either. Looks like its just the outside payroll option for us Kiwi's, I was hoping for a nice integrated system, but seems that might be a stretch too far. Thank you again.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Sapherz

Thanks for clarifying and sorry for my mistake, I have missed reading the NZ.  

As @gavin12345 has said, If you are in New Zealand then you will need to have a separate subscription specifically for payroll. Although it would be a separate subscription it can still be integrated with your AccountRight. Here is a guide as to how to do it. Integrating Payroll with your accounting software.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any other confusions I would be happy to clear it up. 

Cheers,

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post