Forum Discussion

Weedle
User
9 days ago

Bank Deposits showing as Withdrawals in Bank

I am preparing bank deposits to show a complete $ number after commision has been removed from a sale.  The figure in the Bank account after transfer is correct HOWEVER it is showing up as a Withdrawal not as a Deposit in the Bank.

Please assist as I use the American AccountEdge, doing the exact same process and never have this problem for that client.

I am unable to reconcile the account as the columns are not correct

• Hi Weedle,

We're glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries, and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Weedle

I understand the bank deposit should show as a deposit instead of a withdrawal on the reconciliation screen. If the linked accounts for your file are all correct, I recommend recapping your transaction to understand what ledger accounts it affects and how the deposit was setup to affect the reconciliation. Doing this will provide a clearer understanding of why it's showing as a negative amount. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

• Thank you, today it was actually working as it is supposed to do.  There must have been a glitch the other day,

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Weedle,

We're glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries, and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
      Earl