Forum Discussion

TyperightServic
Contributing Partner
3 years ago
Solved

Bank deposits not showing

I have gone into prepare bank deposits and selected all the cash deposits listed, sent them to the cash drawer and then found one had been entered incorrectly as cash when it should have been "online payment".  Went to delete the deposit back to "prepare bank deposit" window and the arrow had turned grey, went to cash bank register to delete all the deposits on that day a it isn't showing any deposits in the register.  Where have they gone I have tried seeing if the year  is wrong but they have all disappeared.  Any ideas?

• Hi TyperightServic 

Thanks for your post. If you tried to delete the Receive Money/Payments transaction but the arrow was grey you'll need to delete the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction first.

To locate the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction the first thing I'd check is the account it was posted to. One way to do this is check the account linked to undeposited funds in Setup>>Linked accounts>>Accounts & Banking>>Bank account for Undeposited funds.

Once you know the account linked in that field, go to Find transactions>>Account tab and select that account in the Account field. Locate the Bank deposit transaction and click on the arrow to open, check the account the bank deposit transaction was posted to in the Deposit to Account field.

If you continue to have problems please provide screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TyperightServic 

Thanks for your post. If you tried to delete the Receive Money/Payments transaction but the arrow was grey you'll need to delete the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction first.

To locate the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction the first thing I'd check is the account it was posted to. One way to do this is check the account linked to undeposited funds in Setup>>Linked accounts>>Accounts & Banking>>Bank account for Undeposited funds.

Once you know the account linked in that field, go to Find transactions>>Account tab and select that account in the Account field. Locate the Bank deposit transaction and click on the arrow to open, check the account the bank deposit transaction was posted to in the Deposit to Account field.

If you continue to have problems please provide screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TyperightServic
      Contributing Partner

Thanks Tracey, guess I was tired when writing this as after leaving it and tackling the next day I worked it out lol.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi TyperightServic 

Great to hear you worked it out, thanks for letting me know. I've had those times too, sometimes leaving it until the next day is the fix.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.