Forum Discussion

Nikki-OSF
Cover User
31 days ago

Bank Deposit Error

Hi, 

It seems we have been paid a rebate for something completely unrelated into our bank account in error. 

In order to reconcile our bank statement, I am unsure how to process this amount to accept the funds that will potentially need to be returned. 

Your help is appreciated 

Thanks

Nikki

• Hi Nikki-OSF

I understand this amount paid will need to be returned in a later date. Generally, transactions of this nature are accounted for via spend money transaction and returned as received money transactions in a later date. However, I recommend seeking clarifications with an accountant to find the correct way of recording this. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Nikki-OSF

I understand this amount paid will need to be returned in a later date. Generally, transactions of this nature are accounted for via spend money transaction and returned as received money transactions in a later date. However, I recommend seeking clarifications with an accountant to find the correct way of recording this. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve