Forum Discussion

TGoedde
Contributing User
9 months ago

MAC crash on start up after changing hard drives to different computer

I've been using MYOB for years without issue. My MAC PRO 3,1 was worn out and crashing so I changed all the hard drives over to a different machine. All apps have worked great except MYOB will not start up. It crashes each time and opens up the problem report. The last time I used it was Nov. 6th and I did create a backup file before closing the app, so I can unzip and use that if this is a DB issue. I thought about removing the app and reinstalling it and draggin over the files I also copied over to another internal drive that is not the startup disk. See attached the intial block of crash report.

4 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TGoedde,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response.

To fix this, we'd suggest starting with verifying and optimizing the file, as this process can often address minor corruptions. You can access this by going to the File menu > Verify / Optimise Company File. After completing this step, please attempt to generate the report again.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TGoedde,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

TGoedde
      Contributing User

Thanks for the response. The fix was simple. Remove the .plist file in the /library and it fired right up. I forgot to do the uninstall procedure before launching. Also tell people to back up all of their forms and drop those back in too so everything will print correctly.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TGoedde,

Thanks for letting us know that your problem is now resolved and for providing us a solution. 

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
        Regards,
        Earl