Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

MYOB v19 accountright plus transferring to another computer

I recently bought a new computer and tried to copy the MYOB files across to use on new PC.

I have my serial number but lost the original MYOB disk the program came on.

Every time I try to open my business file I get this response:

"Error 9004 was encounteredwhen opening the M-powered Services Centre data file."

I have never ussed M-powered and never intend to.  This is a free standing non-subscription product.  Why can't I use it on my new PC?

• Hi DavidAB 

It may be better to download the installer from the MYOB page here: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads?product=AccountRight+v19+Plus&page=1

I have assumed MYOB v19 Plus but the other versions are there if you need one of those instead. Your issues may be a result of the copying so try the installer and come back here if you still have problems because it does work. You say a new computer, but not which OS you have. If it's Windows 10 and you want to use links to MS Office, then you need to install the 32Bit version of Office first as the 64Bit links won't work. If it's Windows 11, then you can't install 32Bit so you need to use workarounds to invoice - Send to Disk to create a .pdf and Send to Tab Delimited Text File (.txt) or Comma-separated Text File 
    (.csv) instead of Excel.

Cheers

Liz

PS SAVE the installer for future use

4 Replies

• Hi DavidAB 

It may be better to download the installer from the MYOB page here: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads?product=AccountRight+v19+Plus&page=1

I have assumed MYOB v19 Plus but the other versions are there if you need one of those instead. Your issues may be a result of the copying so try the installer and come back here if you still have problems because it does work. You say a new computer, but not which OS you have. If it's Windows 10 and you want to use links to MS Office, then you need to install the 32Bit version of Office first as the 64Bit links won't work. If it's Windows 11, then you can't install 32Bit so you need to use workarounds to invoice - Send to Disk to create a .pdf and Send to Tab Delimited Text File (.txt) or Comma-separated Text File 
    (.csv) instead of Excel.

Cheers

Liz

PS SAVE the installer for future use

DavidAB
      User

Thank you Liz.

I downloaded the correct version from the site you referred me to.

Everything works fine now.

I can't tell you how many ways I tried to make it work before and failed every time.

You're an angel.

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DavidAB

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We apologize that you are experiencing difficulties with error 9004. We appreciate your patience on this matter. 

This error can occur if the software is installed on a network location or if the installation folder has been copied from one computer to another. 

Our testing has shown that this error can be fixed by reinstalling AccountRight. You can reinstall AccountRight using the installation CD or by downloading AccountRight

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi DavidAB,

It's great to hear that your issue has been resolved! If you have any more questions in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help and will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
      Earl