Forum Discussion

kyleaG
Contributing User
4 days ago

MYOB backup contains Virus

I have a very old version of MYOB Accounting PLus V17  11.6.0F.  It is perfect for my little company.  Every quarter I reconcile a few transactions and then email the file to my accountant.  This quarter I have attempted to email the file and I get a notification back from GMAIL saying it contains a virus.  I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue - maybe it is a GMAIL one however I tried to put a link to it through my One Drive and also have tried to send via a different email (not gmail) on Outlook and am getting messages saying that the file is not sent as it is blocked.  If anyone else has had a similar issue please let me know as I have never had a problem before.

kyleaG
    3 days ago

Hi Princess,

Thank you for your response.  I tried to send a backup that I had sent a few months ago and got the same error.  I went back into MYOB and just did a data-only backup which I was able to email successfully.  I can only assume the issue may be with the email software which seems to be checking for an exe file and not allowing the complete myob backup to go through.  Maybe there has been a tightening up of rules since there are so many data breaches these days.  

Kind Regards

Kylea

2 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi kyleaG,

Seems like you're having trouble with your MYOB Accounting Plus V17 11.6.0F backup being flagged as containing a virus. This could be due to a variety of reasons, including false positives from your antivirus software or issues with the file itself. Try making a new backup and sending it over again, just to check if it's a problem with that specific file.

If you continue to experience trouble in sending backups, please visit help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. If needed MOCA will transfer you directly to our live chat team.

Cheers,

Princess

kyleaG
      Contributing User

Hi Princess,

Thank you for your response.  I tried to send a backup that I had sent a few months ago and got the same error.  I went back into MYOB and just did a data-only backup which I was able to email successfully.  I can only assume the issue may be with the email software which seems to be checking for an exe file and not allowing the complete myob backup to go through.  Maybe there has been a tightening up of rules since there are so many data breaches these days.  

Kind Regards

Kylea