Forum Discussion

Tassin
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago

Have we been hacked? Email "bank account details have successfully been updated"

I just received an email from applications@myobpayby.com titled Online Invoice Payments: Bank account updated

A banner at the top of the email says "Bank Account updated Online Invoice Payments"

What is strange is that it has our correct MYOB Client ID and Business name, and our correct bank BSB number and bank account number, but a different bank Account name (not ours) - some random first name and surname.

I've changed our bank account password and MYOB passwords, but I have no idea what this is. Is it legit?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Tassin,

Thank you for your post, and I appreciate your understanding. I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the issue you've been facing. Your patience and understanding regarding this matter are greatly appreciated, and I apologize for any delay in our response.

To address this matter effectively, I recommend visiting the following post, which contains valuable information that can assist in resolving the issue: Warning – watch out for fake (spam / phishing) emails pretending to be from MYOB 

Please feel free to explore the provided resources, and if you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to help and ensure that this issue is resolved to your satisfaction. 

Regards,
    Earl