Forum Discussion

MBaker
User
5 months ago

Conflicting Reports

Can someone please tell me how we are suppose to have faith in the new MYOB Business platform?

I have a report in the web based balance sheet telling me I have ($1,443,174.72) in trade debtors, when in fact the trade debtors are Nil. This is clearly a problem. I try to use the web based program all the time. This is not the first time I have had conflicting information in what is suppose to be a replicated file.

How are we suppose to give our clients accurate information if the software can't do it?

Please MYOB fix this problem. It should not be happening

4 Replies

• Hi MBaker 

I noted that your browser based balance sheet shows 'Cash Mode' - a feature only available in the Browser mode.  Here the date of payment is the deciding factor. The desktop Balance Sheet is in Accrual's mode (so date of payment irrelevant).

To compare Browser based to desktop, ensure the browser based is in accruals mode. If not sure how to do this, check the Online Help or Support section.

Regards

Gavin

• Hi MBaker,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I apologize for the delayed response. Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing difficulties when comparing the web-based balance sheet report? Additionally, have you tried running the report in accruals mode, as suggested by Gavin? When comparing the Balance Sheet reports between the desktop version and the browser version, it's essential to ensure a fair comparison. This includes checking that you are running the report on the same basis, such as accrual (to match the accrual balance sheet report and vice versa). Also, confirm that you are using the correct dates for the report.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank gavin12345 for his prompt response. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MBaker,

I hope you’re doing great! I’m reaching out to you to follow up on the issue you have been experiencing with the reports. I am keen to know if the situation has been rectified. Please do not hesitate to respond to this message, and I'd be happy to provide further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MBaker,

I hope you're doing great! Please be informed that I'll now be closing this thread as I haven't received any update from your end regarding the additional information I've recently requested from my previous response. Feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,

Princess