Forum Discussion

mkapm
Contributing User
21 days ago
Solved

Reconcilation Report showing oustanding Cheques & Deposits from previous years

Hi,

We have completed the March Reconcilation Report and it successfully reconciles however, there are Outstanding Cheques and Outstanding Deposits listed from 2020, 2021 and 2023. When you select these transactions a message pops up saying the tranaction has been reconciled. If it has been reconciled why are they still appearing in the Bank Reconcilation Reports.

This is an ongoing issue and I have recently taken over doing the end of month reocncilations so I am unsure as to why these transactions are still appearing.

Thank you

Michelle

• Hi mkapm,

Thanks for your post.

Transactions can become unreconciled if you edit them after recording the reconciliation. With that, you would need to undo every reconciliation back to that date then re-reconcile. Here is a link of Out Of Balance reconciliation but goes through the same steps.

To prevent this from happening again, I recommend turning on the Lock Periods feature.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi mkapm,

Thanks for your post.

Transactions can become unreconciled if you edit them after recording the reconciliation. With that, you would need to undo every reconciliation back to that date then re-reconcile. Here is a link of Out Of Balance reconciliation but goes through the same steps.

To prevent this from happening again, I recommend turning on the Lock Periods feature.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

mkapm
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen,

I figured that might be the case and considering the dates go back 4 years I think I will leave them as is.

Than you for your help.

Michelle

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mkapm,

Thank you for your reply. It seems like you've made a decision that suits your needs regarding the dates mentioned. If you require any more assistance or have any questions in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess