Forum Discussion

20 days ago

Bank feed-split single deposit to reconcile 2 x invoices

We recently processed 2 x credit card transactions on the same day. One was $357.62 and the other $786.06.

These both appeared on the bank feed as a single transaction of $1143.68.

My question is how can we split this single transaction into 2 separate transactions so we can reconcile.

The single payment of $786.06 was initially taken as a deposit invoice using Tall Emu. I don't know if the TE deposit invoice (which is applied to the sales invoice in AR to show it is paid) causes the issue.

• Thanks for your response, it pointed us in the right direction.

The Tall Emu/MYOB CRM allows a deposit invoice to be generated and places it in the Deposit TE account. When the goods are actually shipped and a sales invoice is generated the deposit amount is credited against the invoiced amount hence the NIL balance as you described.

What we did was a "receive money" for this client against the Deposit TE account which then allowed us to find and allocate the transaction.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies

Freman
    Trusted Partner

The 2 invoices in question need to be paid from the Receive Payments button on Sales Command Centre. Make sure the checkbox for 'Undeposited Funds' is selected.

Then from the Banking Command Centre you press 'Prepare Bank Deposit'. This screen will allow you to 'group' multiple customer payments into a single bank transaction  which will then allow to to correctly match in the Bankfeed screen.

Freman
    Trusted Partner

Yikes... a paragraph was missing from my OG post.....

Your 2nd picture is showing an invoice with NIL balance to pay with items totalling 786.06 (inc GST) cancelled out by the Deposit TE line. There is nothing outstanding on this invoice so my guess is (unless there is something funky going on with the setup of the 'Deposit TE' item) there should be another transaction showing $786.06 was expected to be deposited (probably payment against a single line invoice with 1 unit of  'Deposit TE' $786.06) . --> This one and the $357.62  are the ones that should be heading to the undeposited funds account to be stitched together with the 'Prepare Bank Deposit' process. 

• Thanks for your response, it pointed us in the right direction.

The Tall Emu/MYOB CRM allows a deposit invoice to be generated and places it in the Deposit TE account. When the goods are actually shipped and a sales invoice is generated the deposit amount is credited against the invoiced amount hence the NIL balance as you described.

What we did was a "receive money" for this client against the Deposit TE account which then allowed us to find and allocate the transaction.

Thanks for your help.