Forum Discussion

EEAD
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Report Format Wrong! when exporting (BS,PL with Account Number) to Excel

When exporting BS and PL with Account Number to Excel, a column pops out of the report frame and looks bad.  (i.e. one column data is shown outside of the format frame.)

Exporting to PDF looks fine though.

It is appreciated if someone could tell me how to fix this.

I can edit excel file in cell formatting etc but it is time consuming and this must be casued by MYOB system setting bug.....

Mike_James
    3 years ago

Hi EEAD , the template for the P&L with YTD report is plytd.xlt, and on my system is located at C:\Users\<windows user>\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\Current\Reports\Spreadsheet. (Windows user is your windows login name). Make a copy of this file before you proceed.

The original template can be opened (from within Excel so as to edit the template, not create a new workbook) and can have a column added after column B. I also formatted columns B & C as text, although only the cells in row 12 need to be formatted, as that row expands as data rows are added. 

Once you have displayed the report in MYOB, added account numbers, and re-displayed the report, export to Excel and the report then fits the amended template correctly. Save the report (in MYOB) as a custom report to avoid having to add the account number column each time. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi EEAD , this happens because the Excel template is designed for a report that has no account numbers. 

A possible solution is to locate that template,  and insert a column at or near the front, then see how the export looks. 

I'll test this on my system tomorrow.

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi EEAD , the template for the P&L with YTD report is plytd.xlt, and on my system is located at C:\Users\<windows user>\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\Current\Reports\Spreadsheet. (Windows user is your windows login name). Make a copy of this file before you proceed.

The original template can be opened (from within Excel so as to edit the template, not create a new workbook) and can have a column added after column B. I also formatted columns B & C as text, although only the cells in row 12 need to be formatted, as that row expands as data rows are added. 

Once you have displayed the report in MYOB, added account numbers, and re-displayed the report, export to Excel and the report then fits the amended template correctly. Save the report (in MYOB) as a custom report to avoid having to add the account number column each time. 

EEAD
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Mike_James ,

It worked!  Teriffic!

I also edit other formats as well.

I still think this should be handeled by system, however it is sometimes easier to do what we want to do by ourselves.

This save me a lot of time!

Thank you very much!