Forum Discussion

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Reports accross periods

Hi all

Is there a  way to get around MYOB not allowing reports accross periods? 

There are a few instances where this causes me problems. 

One is that we work on a calender year, but the payroll function in MYOB is financial year.  I would like to be able to run a payroll report that begins 1st Jan to 31 Dec for example (for our calender year reports, budgeting, etc) but MYOB says this is accross two periods and wont allow it.  Will I always need to combine and calculate both reports for the first half and second?

Also, for some of our acquittals, I need a P&L accross more than one year for one reason or another, to get the total spend on some accounts over the period of grant, not necessarily a calender/financial year. 

Thanks

Lani

• LaniOUP 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Because the Payroll Year is dictated by the ATO as 1st July to 30th June you will always have problems doing any calendar year reporting.

The only way is to run the reports, as you said, in 2 halfs, export them to Excel and combine them.

The same for P & L you have to do reports in the periods allowed and export to excel to combine.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

LaniOUP 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Because the Payroll Year is dictated by the ATO as 1st July to 30th June you will always have problems doing any calendar year reporting.

The only way is to run the reports, as you said, in 2 halfs, export them to Excel and combine them.

The same for P & L you have to do reports in the periods allowed and export to excel to combine.