Forum Discussion

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
15 days ago

TPAR File Transfer Failed

I am trying to File transfer (upload) my TPAR and having issues as the ATO keeps telling me its failed.

Firstly for some reason when I create the file on my desktop its converting it to a PDF which the ATO doesn't accept.

So I have to go in to the web browser and create the file from there in the .CO1 format but it is still being rejected by the ATO.

Does anyone have any ideas before I sit for hours on the phone with the ATO and MYOB.

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there LindyMH

That error typically indicates there are invalid characters in the TPAR file. This can be caused by manually changing the TPAR file or invalid characters entered into Supplier cards. You can check the supplier cards for invalid characters entered into the address or company name fields. Also make sure the file isn't being emailed or copy/pasted to a USB etc. as this can change the file size. Once done, you can download the file again and upload it to ATO. You can also provide us with the diagnostic log to find what's causing the error. Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen