Forum Discussion

CPSVu
User
6 years ago
Solved

Invalid request getting access token

I have been trying to get the MYOB access code using my API keys for two days to no avail...   I got the access code from `https://secure.myob.com/oauth2/account/authorize`, passing my client_id (A...
    6 years ago

I figured it out. I'll leave the solution here for users who may run into the same issue.

I used a very dodgy method of retrieving the code without a web socket, which was using a Chrome extension to modify headers of my access code request in order to log in (which requires browser). Then I got the code directly from Chrome's URL bar. This means the code is URL encoded, hence my invalid request. I decoded the URL and send the request again (with a similarly unencoded Redirect URI) and got the access token.

I had to do the "Chrome-based modified-header request" thing because I was only trying to log in as a developer, not using any web interface for users with a public facing URL that could be redirected to. Could not find any existing solution for it. It would help if MYOB support could chime in with a better solution to retrieving the code.