Forum Discussion

14 days ago

Invalid Credit Account

Hi,

I have an employee whose annual income has decreased this finanical year. All new income details have been edited in the employee section and bank and superannuation details have not changed. 

The first pay run was processed and paid to the employee in their nominated bank account. The last two pay runs have resulted in wages being returned with "INVALID CREDIT ACCOUNT". 

Firstly, what does this mean? and how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance. 
Christy

• Hey ChristyG,

I get that you are experiencing the "INVALID CREDIT ACCOUNT" error. This error usually means that the bank account details provided for the employee are incorrect or invalid. This could be due to a typo in the account number, an incorrect bank code, or the account being closed or restricted.

To fix this issue, follow these steps:

1. Verify Banking Details: Double-check the employee's bank account number and bank code in the payroll system to ensure they are correct.
    2. Contact the Employee: Confirm with the employee that the bank account details you have on file are accurate and up-to-date. Ask them to provide the correct details if there have been any changes.

If the issue persists after verifying and updating the bank details, consider reaching out to your bank for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific information on why the payment is being rejected.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey ChristyG,

I get that you are experiencing the "INVALID CREDIT ACCOUNT" error. This error usually means that the bank account details provided for the employee are incorrect or invalid. This could be due to a typo in the account number, an incorrect bank code, or the account being closed or restricted.

To fix this issue, follow these steps:

1. Verify Banking Details: Double-check the employee's bank account number and bank code in the payroll system to ensure they are correct.
    2. Contact the Employee: Confirm with the employee that the bank account details you have on file are accurate and up-to-date. Ask them to provide the correct details if there have been any changes.

If the issue persists after verifying and updating the bank details, consider reaching out to your bank for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific information on why the payment is being rejected.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ChristyG,

You're welcome. I'm glad I was able to assist you. If you encounter any issues in the future, feel free to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen