Forum Discussion

MatthewMalcolm
Experienced User
2 years ago

Sales Invoices - Items not returning NextPageLink

I have an API app that I have been using for years
I have been forced to move to the Cloud recenlty and although painful it has been working
Around 6PM QLD Australian Time Yesterday the 9-11-2022 the Invoices Endpoint ceased returning the NextPage Link

The Endpoint I am referring to is /Sale/Invoice/Item. SO Item Invoices not items themselves
When I say ceased I mean the feild in the response is "NULL"
When I try to Manually retrive the invoices.
After I have the first 4000 (Which all work 1000 at a time) the system returns a Null Page Collection to me.
So if I send  the requiest with /Sale/Invoice/Item?$top=1000&$skip=4000 I receive a null response.
If I open the Desktop app Ihave apporx 25,000 invoices in that lis. And Yesterday it was returning all 25 pages

I have placed support requests which have not been responded to
The same call to other end points, Customers, Inventory, etc all work fine
The Status Page says that there has never been an issue
I know they made huge changes to the Inventory system last night, but that is also not logged anywhere.
Does anyone else have this issue today?.
Is there any way to talk to someone at Myob about these types of issues?

24 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi All,

I have started yet another case with them and asked them to look back into it. Will let you know if they respond

• And still the API Status has zero notice that there is an issue.

The uptime statements in that page are false advertising.

It still says 100% Uptime as there has never been an API issue

Why have a Status page when you never fill it out.

Bi4Cloud_Dev
      Experienced Partner

We have experienced the same issue across some of our Subscribers.

The MYOB API support team have said at 1323 that a fix will be deployed in the next few hours.

But unlike last week's issue on some files the Sale/Invoice/Item returns correct data but wrong counts.  The incorrect count throw out our LastModified  incremental sync check but we then try a sync based on the transaction date and on some of the files the data is correct. An AR control account check verified that.

Charles Fox

SamJiang
    Contributing User

Hi ,

I encountered the same problem, since last night(2022-11-09), my app cannot retrieve the correct  sale item data, the API only returns top 400 items,  and the"NextPageLink" is null.  I think there is something wrong with MYOB server. Who can help us?

MatthewMalcolm
      Experienced User

Hi Sam

Apparently no one

I spoke to Myob today and they are not able to talk to the API developers.
      They tell me that the only way to find out is tro place a suppoert request on the web page and wait up to 3 months for them to responde

TYhis is not abusiness grade system. It is a community thimng where they do not tells of issues they have cuased and they do  not respond to requests in a timely fashion

So people like us who build business apps that rely on the system workiong are sorta left in the cold

We have not choice but to wait for the magic gods of the Myob API to fix something that they have not public disclosed as an issue
      So join me in happiness of the situation:)

SamJiang
        Contributing User

Hi MatthewMalcolm,

today I manually assembled the NextPageLink by adding parameters "$top=400&$skip=xxxx" to the request URL, xxxx= 400 *y, y is the page number that has already been  requested. I compared this result data with my previous data, it looks the same. I hope it helpful to you.

Happy weekend. ;-)

• Hi Matey

Thanks for that
    I had tried all that to and when I get to 4,000 inoivces I get null responses. So it only works for the first 4K responses
    That being said they have gotten back to me lettng me know they have found the issue and that it shuld be fixed by 7P this evening

Bi4Cloud_Dev
    Experienced Partner

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your post. It was really useful to corroborate what we saw with our clients.

We issued a ticket with the MYOB API team at 10am on 11nov22.

The MYOB Status page did not list any outages.

We found the Sale/Invoice endpoint still worked even when the Sale/Invoice/Item endpoint broke.

We engineered a work-around using that endpoint but only completed it by 7pm.

The Sale/Invoice/Item endpoint is back and working but we have an alternative up our sleeve.

This really was a significant disruption.

Cheers

kjm
      Trusted Cover User

Has this been fixed? 

MatthewMalcolm
        Experienced User

Hi All,

this appears to be working this morning. And although this was a "Significant issue" it was never listed on the status page.  So apparently it never happened.

I wonder how many ohter issues never happened?

If our data was compromised, would that get listed ?

Having a hide the truth policy is not a good look for a cloud company at the moment

When you breaks things or have failures significant or other wise. Post them so the users know what is going on

Tnakyou for fixing this issue

Nocturnal0107
    Experienced Partner

Hi everyone,

Is this fixed? just experience the same issue just right now, I've been calling API for the following but only API under sales invoice having issue with null NextPageLink value

• Sale/Invoice/Item (NextPageLink = null)
    • Sale/Invoice/Service  (NextPageLink = null)
    • Purchase/Bill/Service  (NextPageLink = GOOD)
    • GeneralLedger/GeneralJournal  (NextPageLink = GOOD)

Hoping that this issue will be fixed soon as we need to generate report. Thank you

SamJiang
      Contributing User

Hi,

This issue was fixed by MYOB in the last weekend. But now it's back. I checked my ETL program and I have the same problem, NextPageLink is null.

I have a solution to this issued. I modified my ETL, if NextPageLink is null, my program assembles the NextPageLink for the next request by adding ?$top=400&$skip=xxxx to the end of the request URL, until the returned items is empty.

xxxx is the amount items that have already been processed.

Nocturnal0107
        Experienced Partner

My work arround is I forced the program to continue calling API until it reached page 30 which is not really ideal if we have tons of records, but i just found another issue

Endpoint Sale/Invoice/Item seems providing different number of Items than the record i requested. My program is always requesting for 1000 records and the Count value can see it but when i count the records on Items, it is not 1000(see item count.png)

But the Endpoint Sale/Invoice/Service is providing the correct record count(see service count.png)

Mark_DataWise
      Partner

Hi All

Just discovered this issue yesterday. 24th November with service invoices Build 2022.10

This gave my clients a lot of headeaches.

Has MYOB confirmed that this will be fixed and if so when?

MatthewMalcolm
        Experienced User

Hi Mark,

The issue from my perspective is transient. I am randomly getting notifications that random Invoices are no longer in Myob when I run my application. The next time it runs they are there.

As for Myob, have they confirmed this will be fixed. Nope.
        They have told us that they have fixed it aover a week ago

I will try to re open the case again but with a "This randomly returns the wrong details" type error they will most likely not do much about it.
        If you have a hard repeatable issue I suggest that you place a support ticket in the Dev support area for your self and get them to look at that
        I personally wish that I was not forced to use the Database in the cloud. The On Premisis API was sooo much more reliable, and did not randomly change for no logged reason

As to the heaches caused by the suppliers making these random changhes I agree very painful

• Hi Malcolm

I wanted to ask if you have started to see API timeout errors increase since 16-dec-2022 ?

These became such an issue during Sept-2022 we started logging and reporting them.

The 504 errors reduced after 4-nov-22 and really settled down after the 24-nov-22 however they started to  increase again 16-dec-2022.

These logs indicate increase in 504 API errors particular to large ARL files  that  coincided with the 2022.11 update. This has been reported to the API team before the Xmas break and reprised with them yesterday. They are investigating.

Are you seeing similar issues?

Here is  chart of these errors showing 504 errors for data files that returned 2 or more 504 errors during a data refresh. The refresh runs over 500+ ARL files.

MatthewMalcolm
      Experienced User

Hi Charles

I have not noted this. Although I am catching, waiting 5 seconds and rerunning the Query (As the cloud version has always been slower and fails from time  to time which never happened when this was ons prem) and I did not that between mid december and approx the 20th the task was taking 1.5-2 hours to run rather than the normal 40 mins

But when I checked on the 27th (Yeah I checked while on hols) the issue seemed to have disappeared