Forum Discussion

Trish_Lee
Contributing User
4 years ago

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error

Hi,

I have installed the MYOB_AccountRight_Setup_2020.2.exe on 2 different Windows 10 PC's today.

There were no errors on installation and the Addon Connector installed automatically and ran correctly.

I installed and ran our addon program when selecting the sample Clearwater Premier AU file I receive the following message:

"Encountered a communication error

(http://localhost:8080/AccountRight/da32a4d8-f9c3-4b93-b47f-63463b2b81 e0/Company/)

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error

Try reselecting the company file using the 'Open' button "

Can you please assist with this.

Thanks

Trish

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Some more information on this "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error problem", and a workaround.

This error was returned to our Add-on application when calling the CompanyService.
    We tested using AccountRight PC version and local Clearwater company files.
    Our add-on is a Windows 10 desktop app using uses the MYOB AccountRight SDK.

We found that it only occurred where AccountRight 2020.2 was the first version to be installed on the PC.
    If AccountRight had been upgraded from an older version, the error did not occur.

By uninstalling 2020.2 on a PC with the problem, then installing and uninstalling 2019.3 then reinstalling 2020.2 the error disappeared.

Note: We used 2019.3 as we had it readily available so cannot tell exactly which version we would have to have gone back to to fix the problem.

From this it would seem that a setting or file installed by 2019.3 is missing from the 2020.2 installation.

Has anyone else come across this or have any other suggestions why this is happening?

John_Dinning
      Trusted User

After further investigation we believe we have found the cause of this error:

The Add-on Connector (V 2.24.0318 and older) requires Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition V3.5 to be installed.

AccountRight 2020.2 and 2020.3 now use and install Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition V4.0, not V3.5 so the Add-on Connector does not work unless SQL CE V3.5 has previously been installed (either because an older version of AccountRight has previously been installed, or by some other means).

Check the subfolders of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition to see which versions are installed.

The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Trish_Lee 

I did a recent upgrade from 2020.2.2 to 2020.3 - downloaded and installed the full PC.exe version (which incorporate the API Connector - as a service) - 

The install went fine - no errors - however calls to the API failed even though it was running (Task Maanger) showed it running.

I have had this problem before - and have solved it with brute force - I down loaded the speparate APIConnector.msi install program.

Run that - it removes any running API installed by the PC version.exe install and it installs a different running version - though I have yet to work this out - but that install gives you a little purple/white chainlink icon in the tray (which the PC Version.exe or the Server version.exe - doesn't).

However installing the APIConnector this way has on more than one occasion fixed any API problem.

The Doc