Forum Discussion

Seriously456
Experienced Partner
15 days ago

Bank Rec Help

Hi,
I have finally taken over the payroll for one of my clients.  When she was processing the payroll she would pay each employee individually through the bank, lots of transactions. Thankfully now we process one aba file. However the first pay run there were issues and the aba file wasn't generated, all the employees were set to electronic payment.  What is the best way other than reversing each pay as there is over 50 employees to correct and be able to reconcile the bank account. 
Kind Regards
Kellie

2 Replies

Seriously456
      Experienced Partner

Hi Genreve,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's not that easy.  I processed the payroll with each employees payment set to electronic, this payroll the aba file wasn't generated and each employee was paid individually through the bank. The payments are in the electronic clearing account, I need to be able to allocate them in the main bank account bank feeds. I can't do 1 general journal for the amount as this doesn't allow to allocate in bank feeds. Do I need to do a general journal for each separate transactions?

Regards

Kellie