Forum Discussion

PennieS
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Bank Balance incorrect in Bank Rec

Hi 

Hope you can help. I completed my rec's to 5th July 2019. All figures are correct and the recs have been printed. I went to look at a rec'ed data to change the memo and then it can up as un rec'ed I have now unrec'ed back to July 2018 and the starting balance in the rec is still incorrect.

The bank register showes the correct balance and all the data is there. 

Can I reinstall a backup so I dont have to go back any further. My data base starts in 2006 so change the account start balance would be imposible. When I look at the data to complete the bank rec not all of the figures are there. 

Please help me I have used MYOB for 9 years and have never experienced such a flaw in your system. Can you reinstate the data to a previous date?

• Hi PennieS 

Generally speaking if you have changed a previously reconciled transaction, this will force that transaction to become unreconciled. To rereconcile that transaction you would need to unreconciled back to the reconciliation that included that transaction, redo that reconciliation before completing all subsequent reconciliations going forward.

If you wanted to go back to a previous point in time, you would need to restore a backup. Whilst our system does take periodic backups of online cloud files, retrieving these is a chargeable service and you would still need to restore the information on the online file

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi PennieS 

Generally speaking if you have changed a previously reconciled transaction, this will force that transaction to become unreconciled. To rereconcile that transaction you would need to unreconciled back to the reconciliation that included that transaction, redo that reconciliation before completing all subsequent reconciliations going forward.

If you wanted to go back to a previous point in time, you would need to restore a backup. Whilst our system does take periodic backups of online cloud files, retrieving these is a chargeable service and you would still need to restore the information on the online file