Forum Discussion

21 days ago

Payment is required immediately

Hi and this is the first time I have used this as I have no been able to find an email to send a complaint to.

I received today, an email saying "payment is required immediately" otherwise my account would be suspended and $11.50 added to the next invoice.

I thought it was spam because I am in Auckland, but the contact phone number was the Australian free phone. 

As the payment is by direct debit, I decided to check just in case it hadn't one through and indeed it hadn't, despite there being more than enough funds to cover the invoice.

I phoned the NZL help desk and eventually got a very helpful person who said that a whole lot of payments did not go through earlier in the month due to an error by MYOB. I was sent a payment link and hopefully things will go back to normal as they have for over ten years now.  

I am really disappointed that this was acknowledged as a problem with MYOB, but MYOB did not choose to notify me as soon as my payment was not received and that there was a problem. I would have picked it up when I did my next reconciliation, but by then I would have been suspended and I was going to pay a late fee while asking me to call the Australian free phone number, which we cannot access from NZL.  

Really poor customer experience for so many reasons and I wonder who many people are in the same situation as myself.  

Thank you for reading this.

Chris

1 Reply

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PossumChris,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community forum! I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had, and thank you for letting us know. For immediate assistance, you may ask MOCA, our virtual assistant, click the chat bubble at the bottom of any help page and ask a question. If MOCA can't help, you'll be guided to our other support options, including live chat. You may also take note of our New Zealand phone support number by checking this link.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem