Forum Discussion

GraemeLM
Trusted Partner
2 years ago

2FA Signup Errors

Is something wrong with 2FA signup?

We have had 2 different clients report the same message when attempting to sign up for 2FA today:

We didn't recognise that email or password. Please try again.

We tried using the Forgotten your password? to see if an account somehow existed already, but no email came through.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KathyDavis
    Experienced Partner

Our clients have been struggling also, I have been logging cases to get the accounts reset, in somecases, there hasnt been one to reset, and the MYOB provider has not beeen ticked either.

GraemeLM
      Trusted Partner

Thanks KathyDavis I will log tickets to get them looked at.

It seems there are some links that load error pages, and others that don't.

But regardless the sign up process is still presenting account/password issues or not existing. 

Will_H
        MYOB Moderator

Hi GraemeLM  / KathyDavis ,

The symptoms presented here look like user error to me.

The most frequent thing I see is confusion between users of their:

MYOB Advanced site password; (Green button)

MYOB IDS account : (I often call it a MyDot account, it's the same account they have for the Community forum, or any other MYOB products they might have used)

If they are trying to log into MYOB Advanced, they need to use their Advanced specific username & password 

If they are trying to log in via the Purple button, they need to:

1. Make sure they have an IDS account. (Many people don't)

2. Make sure they use the separate IDS password. 

Note: It's not always the same email address, they can be unlinked.
        (My advanced account can be sales@rapidbyte.com and my Identity account could be will.howard@rapidbyte.com , for example.)

My troubleshooting steps are probably:
        A) Confirm they can log in to Advanced using their Advanced Site Username/password via Green button
        B) Confirm they can log in directly to our Identity services  (community.myob.com uses the same auth, so you can send them here and ask them to try logging in/creating an account)
        https://help.myob.com/wiki/x/eQOJB

I'm not saying our identity services are infallible, just the above looks a lot like what happens with user error.

I won't be able to offer any ongoing support here, and if you/your customers are having issues, please raise cases in Phoenix.