Forum Discussion

cwu
Experienced User
7 months ago
Solved

2FA and changing to new phone ( old phone not available)

I changed to a new iphone yesterday. The Google Authentitator was not carried over on the change over. I am now trying to add 2FA to GA on my new phone.

i logged on to my account to reset the 2 FA and everytime it directs me to my log in and I have to furnish a authentitator code ( which I dont have as the GA does not have MYOB 2 FA ). I am going around in circles.

I do not have the 10 back up codes etc and I cannot seem to generate one at all from my account.

Pls assist

• Hi, cwu. Thank you for reaching out about your concern. We've sent you a private message to help you in resolving this concern.

Thanks, Hannah

8 Replies

• Unfortunately my experience has been if your old authenticator is unavailable to switch over, you'll need to call MYOB to reset your 2FA. 

cwu
      Experienced User

Thanks for the reply. I finally found the back up codes. And I follow exactly the steps ie log in but when I put the back up code in, it does not work. It wants the 6 digits authenticator codes and there is no other work around from the log in screen ( I go to my account, click security settings etc and it takes me to the page where I need to change 2 FA)

Pls advise.

Thanks

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, cwu. Thank you for reaching out about your concern. We've sent you a private message to help you in resolving this concern.

Thanks, Hannah