Forum Discussion

Roger_Bray
Valued Partner
5 years ago
Solved

Anyone succeeded in setting up MYOB Advanced SMTP mail with G Suite

Regular free G-Mail

I have successully sent email from our demo site using a free G-Mail account by following the MYOB Advanced instructions. These are better described for Accumatica here

https://www.augforums.com/using-gmail-with-acumatica/

G-Suite

We have a client using G-Suite and have unsuccessfully tried to do the same but cant find how to generate a 16 char key to use as a password etc.

We went down the SSO path and it gave us an XML IDP key which doesn't help. After generating the IDP, G-Suite told us "You'll need to upload Google IDP data to MYOB Advanced administration panel to complete SAML configuration process" so this is obviously the wrong approach. 

I have done a lot of Google searching and found a lot of G-Suite API documentation but still nothing about how to Accumatica with G-Suite.  I did find artiocles (whithout instractions) saying that Accumatica 2019 R2 even integrates with G-Suite for file storage.

Has anyone successfully sent email from MYOB Advanced via a G-Suite email account e.g accounts@yourdomain.com and would like to share the steps involved?

I have asked MYOB via  a Phoenix ticket and they have responded 

"Unfortunately we don’t have any instructions or assets regarding this area" 

As access to the client's G-Suite control panel is only available to us via their screen sharing (consumes & wastes their time) I might have to resort to a 14 day G-Suite trial to see if I can resolve.

Roger_Bray
    4 years ago

Hi All

I did set up a G-Suite trial subscription using a subdomain and added an madv@<subdomain> as a second user (i.e not admin@).

After a lot of poking around and reading G-Suite help files I discovered that to make Accumatica work you treat the selected email account as if it was NOT a G-Suite account, i.e treat is as a Gmail account rather than a domained email account and use the same instructions, as per the link in my original post.

To generate the key you need to login to google.com as the ACCOUNT YOU WANT TO USE. You DON"Tlogin to the G-Suite console and acccess the users profile from there. i.e treat it as you would a regular Gmail account.

In the System Email Accounts in MYOB Advanced:

Servers tab

Email address = the domained email address i.e  madv@<subdomain>

Incomming Mail Protocol = IMAP

Root folder (on Server) = InBox

Incomming mail Server = blank (assuming you dont want incomming mail)

Outgoing mail server = imap.gmail.com and NOT !!!! =  imap.<domain/subdomain> 

Username = domained emal address e.g madv@<subdomain> 

Password = the 16 CHAR KEY generated (incluing the spaces between each segment)

Advanced settings tab

Outgoing server requires authetication = true (leave Logon using = false to use authetication from Servers tab)

Incomming server requires encrypted connection = True (auto sets 993/587 for ports

Outgoing server encrtpted connection = TLS 

I hope this saves others a lot of time.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Roger_Bray
      Valued Partner

Thanks for the video, Carl.  Whilst not the answer to my problem (because it shows how to use dongles) it was quite interesting.  I have solved the problem though (see next post).

Roger_Bray
        Valued Partner

Hi All

I did set up a G-Suite trial subscription using a subdomain and added an madv@<subdomain> as a second user (i.e not admin@).

After a lot of poking around and reading G-Suite help files I discovered that to make Accumatica work you treat the selected email account as if it was NOT a G-Suite account, i.e treat is as a Gmail account rather than a domained email account and use the same instructions, as per the link in my original post.

To generate the key you need to login to google.com as the ACCOUNT YOU WANT TO USE. You DON"Tlogin to the G-Suite console and acccess the users profile from there. i.e treat it as you would a regular Gmail account.

In the System Email Accounts in MYOB Advanced:

Servers tab

Email address = the domained email address i.e  madv@<subdomain>

Incomming Mail Protocol = IMAP

Root folder (on Server) = InBox

Incomming mail Server = blank (assuming you dont want incomming mail)

Outgoing mail server = imap.gmail.com and NOT !!!! =  imap.<domain/subdomain> 

Username = domained emal address e.g madv@<subdomain> 

Password = the 16 CHAR KEY generated (incluing the spaces between each segment)

Advanced settings tab

Outgoing server requires authetication = true (leave Logon using = false to use authetication from Servers tab)

Incomming server requires encrypted connection = True (auto sets 993/587 for ports

Outgoing server encrtpted connection = TLS 

I hope this saves others a lot of time.