Forum Discussion

carlaislva
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

Car allowance set up

Hi All,

We will strat paying car allowance for one of our employees. That will be paid on weekly basis (as is our payroll).

- How to set up car allowance category in MYOB?

- Is car allowance exempt from PAYGW?

thanks

• Hi carlaislva,

Thank you for your post.

In setting up a car allowance payroll category, please refer to this Help article, Allowances, that has detailed information to guide you through the process.

Regarding PAYG exemption, I would recommend consulting with the ATO or your accountant to ensure compliance with local tax regulations. In some cases, car allowances may be subject to PAYG, but the specifics can vary.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi carlaislva,

Thank you for your post.

In setting up a car allowance payroll category, please refer to this Help article, Allowances, that has detailed information to guide you through the process.

Regarding PAYG exemption, I would recommend consulting with the ATO or your accountant to ensure compliance with local tax regulations. In some cases, car allowances may be subject to PAYG, but the specifics can vary.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess