Forum Discussion

HelenSom
Experienced Cover User
3 days ago

2024 Individual Tax Return - Aust Govt Pension

Hi all

I have an individual client who has on her ATO Prefill Report a Carers Payment that should prefill to item 6 and the ATO has a certainty indicator of "Y".

The first issue - the amount does not prefill.  That's fine as I could just enter it, however that brings me to issue number 2...

Issue Number 2 is that the amount is actually exempt and therefore does not need to be included in her return.

When we leave it out of the return it is rejected when we try to lodge because the ATO has the certainty indicator.

When I try to enter it with a zero amount and the Benefit Adjustment Reason as "O" (Other), it won't let me complete the reason field (it is just greyed out) and, obviously, I can't complete the return as I need to have a reason in there if I choose "O".

Has anyone had experience with this issue??

• Got a solution from MYOB support - you need to press enter on the greyed out reason field so that you can enter the reason.  Once I did this (completing zero for the income amount as it's exempt) I was able to lodge the return.

3 Replies

HelenSom
    Experienced Cover User

Got a solution from MYOB support - you need to press enter on the greyed out reason field so that you can enter the reason.  Once I did this (completing zero for the income amount as it's exempt) I was able to lodge the return.

Isaiah_C
      MYOB Moderator

Hi HelenSom,

Thank you for providing the solution. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to post again.

Regards,

Sai

HelenSom
    Experienced Cover User

I should also add that the validation errors that we get when we try to lodge are CMN.ATO.IITR.EM0073, CMN.ATO.IITR.EM0004 and CMN.ATO.IITR.EM0003.