Forum Discussion

Jen22
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

ETP on Individual Tax Return

Good Morning,

We have had a company take-over our payroll @ 31 March 2021.  As a result when they have finalised EOY our employees now show double what they earnt to the ATO.

Are you able to advise if it is possible for us to delete the amount at Item 4 through MYOB Payroll Reporting Centre??

Many thanks for your help.

• Hi Jen22 

You're not annoying me, please don't hesitate to ask questions. If the reversal hasn't worked go to the Payroll reporting centre>>Employment terminations tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) for that employee and select View ETP payments you should be to remove the ETP by clicking on Remove & notify the ATO.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jen22 

Thanks for your post. If you change payroll provider mid financial year you need to follow the ATO's instructions for this: Changing your payroll solution during a financial year.

If you chose the zeroing out method you need to zero the YTD amounts in AccountRight by going to the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History>>filter by YTD and zero out all amounts and hours. Then process a $0 pay, wait until it has been accepted and check the YTD verification report/Summary of payments report shows $0.00. If all YTD amounts are zero you can finalise the employees in the EOFY finalisation tab.

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Jen22
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks Tracey,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I have tried the zeroing out method as per your response but this did not fix the error :(

I have also followed the link you provided but can't understand the other methods to fix this?

Thank you

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Jen22 

The other option to fix this would be not entering the YTD amounts in the new software and finalising part year YTD amounts in each software. As the YTD amounts have already been entered in the new software this won't work.

If zeroing out hasn't worked, did you delete the pay history in AccountRight for the right financial year, ie 2021? 

Jen22
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Just wondering if you could please urgently look at my reply below.  I am hoping to get this sorted ASAP as our employee is wanting to finalise his tax return.