Forum Discussion

29 days ago

Working Holiday Maker - error V2894

Trying to complete a client's return that contains salary "Type H" (i.e., working holiday maker income). When I validate return I get error code "V2984 - Check working holiday maker net income and date of birth" as the client is over 35. 

Anyone encounter this error and can suggest how to overcome?

Thanks

Khaled

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mobilehometax,

Thank you for the post. The error code "V2984" indicates that there's an issue with the client's date of birth in relation to their working holiday maker status. According to ATO regulations, individuals on a working holiday visa must be aged between18 and 35 (inclusive). Since your client is over 35, they no longer qualify as a working holiday maker.

To resolve this issue, you'll need to remove the "H" type designation for salary income in their return, as it's only applicable to those within the eligible age range for working holiday makers. Instead, you should classify the income under the standard salary/ wages category.

If you need further assistance with this matter, I recommend reaching out to the ATO directly. They can provide specific guidance on how to proceed with the return and ensure compliance with current tax laws.

Regards,

Sai