Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Bank Feed - Payment does not match Payslip

One of our employees was paid an incorrect payroll amount (8c short). BANK FEED obviously tells me that the two amounts (payslip and actual payment) do not match. What do I do so that I can reconcile this in bank feed?

• Hi 

You will have to hide the bank feed transaction as you wont be able to match 

To reconcileI suggest you do a receive  money transaction to a payroll clearing account ( set one up if you need to probably a liability account)

(Pay -$300.08  +dep .08 +$300)

Manually tick the affected pay and the receive money transaction to reconcile

When you pay the employee the 8 cents you owe, Process pay normally and do a spend money for the 8 cents to the payroll clearing

(-$300.08 -.08 =$300.16)

Again you will need to hide the bank feed transaction and manuall reconcile the pay and spend money transaction

Hope that helps

Lisa

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

You will have to hide the bank feed transaction as you wont be able to match 

To reconcileI suggest you do a receive  money transaction to a payroll clearing account ( set one up if you need to probably a liability account)

(Pay -$300.08  +dep .08 +$300)

Manually tick the affected pay and the receive money transaction to reconcile

When you pay the employee the 8 cents you owe, Process pay normally and do a spend money for the 8 cents to the payroll clearing

(-$300.08 -.08 =$300.16)

Again you will need to hide the bank feed transaction and manuall reconcile the pay and spend money transaction

Hope that helps

Lisa