Forum Discussion

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Delete old payroll in Prepare Bank Deposit

There are old payrol transactions sitting in Prepare Bank Deposit. How do i remove these? I asked my book keeper and she recommended below;

"It depends how they were processed back then, and whether “undeposited funds” was classed as your payroll bank account. I think this one might be a MYOB question as I don’t want to impact your bank recon or payroll information back then… they may need access to your file to fix".

Please see pic for details. 

Thanks Tanya

• Hi TSGTanya 

Theres only one way that those transactions can be removed from the Prepare Bank Deposits window. You would need to change the linked account for the Bank Account for Undeposited Funds.

When the linked account for undeposited funds is changed it will clear out the entirety of the Prepare Bank Deposits window. The transactions assigned to the previously linked undeposited funds will still remain assigned to the account, however they will no longer be selectable through Prepare Bank Deposits.

To remove the balance from the previously linked account you could use a journal entry to remove the balance. I’d recommend speaking with your accountant over how this journal entry should look

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi TSGTanya 

Theres only one way that those transactions can be removed from the Prepare Bank Deposits window. You would need to change the linked account for the Bank Account for Undeposited Funds.

When the linked account for undeposited funds is changed it will clear out the entirety of the Prepare Bank Deposits window. The transactions assigned to the previously linked undeposited funds will still remain assigned to the account, however they will no longer be selectable through Prepare Bank Deposits.

To remove the balance from the previously linked account you could use a journal entry to remove the balance. I’d recommend speaking with your accountant over how this journal entry should look

TSGTanya
      Trusted Cover User

I'm still yet to get around to this one. I've just checked and because these are so old i am unable to change the link account. Can i record the bank deposit and then reverse it somehow? I dont have a back up of this year either. 

Thanks Tanya

TSGTanya
      Trusted Cover User

This is the get around from my book keeper.  "Clear it out with an ABA file if you are able to. This will then bring a balance into your cheque account which I would then complete a General Journal to offset to Drawings or your Loan account. I would record a memo to say that it is  - Adjustment to clear out Electronic Clearing balance from 2014. Make sure the payment date and the GJ are both the same date"

your thoughts?