Forum Discussion

Charlie-carp
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago

duplicate bank feeds

Duplicate bank feeds appeared yesterday for 2nd 3rd 4th 6th & 10th december 2021??

Please advise

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Charlie-carp 

Thanks for your post. Duplicate bank feeds from 1 December 2021 to 12 December 2021 will need to be hidden in the Bank feeds window by right clicking on the duplicate and selecting Hide transaction.

Duplicate AccountRight transactions created due to duplicate bank feeds will need to be deleted or reversed.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Charlie-carp
      Contributing Cover User

Ive hidden one transaction but can't locate it to delete or reverse.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Charlie-carp 

Bank feed transactions only appear in the Bank feeds window and these duplicates need to be hidden. Bank feed transactions are matched with AccountRight transactions which are reconciled in the Reconcile accounts window. If duplicate AccountRight transactions have been created you will need to delete/reverse these duplicates.

Duplicate AccountRight transactions may not have been created. You can check for duplicates in the Reconcile accounts window.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Smallbiz_Doctor
      Partner

Hi, Tracey.

My client's MYOB file has the same problem with duplicates, between 2/12 and 10/12.

I have deleted the duplicated MYOB transactions, resulting from auto allocations, but the bank feed transactions are still there, unallocated. Your advise was to "hide" the duplicates, but I am unable to do that (due to permissions), and the client can't do it either.

Our serial number is *6377.

I attach the bank transactions window for the 3 bank accounts affected, as well as what my client sees in the Bank Feed window for one of the duplicates. He was unable to find the "right click" option to hide the transaction.

Could you provide instructions (including screenshots) for how to hide the transactions.

Alternatively, can your technical people remove them from our file.

I'm not sure whether this is a public or private message as your link to send a private message doesn't work.

Regards,

Karen Leegwater,

MYOB Partner

Sensitive information removed ^KS

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Smallbiz_Doctor 

Hi Karen

To hide bank feed transactions:

1. hover the mouse pointer over the bank feed transaction (left side of Bank feeds window)
        2. right click the mouse
        3. select Hide transaction

There aren't any permissions that will stop a user from hiding bank feeds, if you can access the Bank feeds window you will be able to hide bank feeds.