Forum Discussion

Kit1
Experienced User
7 months ago
Solved

Duplicated Bank feeds

One of our clients has been using MYOB Business Pro. When we attempted to reconcile the bank account, we discovered that there were a number of duplicated bank feeds over a few weeks. Not every transaction was duplicated however. I can see that we are unable to delete or "hide" individual transactions, but we would need to delete an entire day's transactions. This is not a practical solution in this situation. Could you please advise what we can do to remove the multiple duplicated transactions? Please also advise what is causing the duplication.

Thank you for your help.

• Hi Kit1

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with duplicate transactions. The Bank Transaction window shows transactions from the bank feed, while the Reconcile Accounts window shows information that is recorded in the file. If the duplicate transactions are seen from the Bank Transactions window, we could create a bank feed ticket to request the removal of the duplicate transactions. However, if the duplicate transactions are in the Reconcile Accounts window, we will need to manually delete each duplicate transaction. 

Also, if the duplicate transactions are from the reconcile accounts window, it's likely that the transactions were recorded in two different ways.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,

Genreve

7 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kit1

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with duplicate transactions. The Bank Transaction window shows transactions from the bank feed, while the Reconcile Accounts window shows information that is recorded in the file. If the duplicate transactions are seen from the Bank Transactions window, we could create a bank feed ticket to request the removal of the duplicate transactions. However, if the duplicate transactions are in the Reconcile Accounts window, we will need to manually delete each duplicate transaction. 

Also, if the duplicate transactions are from the reconcile accounts window, it's likely that the transactions were recorded in two different ways.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,

Genreve

Kit1
      Experienced User

Apologies for the delay in responding. 

The duplicate transactions are appearing in the Bank Transactions window, therefore a bank feed ticket to request the removal of duplicate transactions will be required. Please note that not every transaction has been duplicated, so we will need to be very specific about what is removed.

Could you please advise where we should send a list of the transactions that need to be removed?

Can you also advise why this is happening and what can be done to prevent it? It is very concerning that we can not rely on the MYOB bank feeds.

Thank you for your assistance.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Kit1

Thanks for posting. I appreciate your time explaining the issue further. 

In this case, we will need to create a bank feed ticket. However, the request for the removal of duplicate transactions will only consist of the dates. There is no option to choose which transactions to remove, the team can only remove transactions for the whole date range if they are duplicates. 

I will send you a private message to collect more information regarding this to raise a case. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again in the forum if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,

Genreve

• I have had the same issue currently trying to figure out how far it's gone one for. At this stage best we can tell from late August 22 till at least may 23

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi RANDBCLEANING,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

If the duplicate transactions are seen in the Bank Transactions window, we can create a bank feed ticket to request the removal of the duplicate transactions. Please note that our team can only remove bank feed transactions for the whole date range of the duplicated transaction.

In order to do this, I'll reach out to you via private message to gather some information that would help us raise a ticket for you. Please keep an eye on your community forum inbox, and we'll continue addressing your concern through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess

RANDBCLEANING
        User

So you are saying that we may have to delete I don't know maybe 6-8 months of transactions and re-upload via bank feed and recode the lot is that what you are saying?

If so would MYOB be arranging payment for my office staff to re-code all this? I don't believe this is a cost I should have to bear because your system does not allow the deletion of individual transactions. Also shouldn't  MYOB's accounting software detected any double-up transactions to prevent this error to have happened in the first place?

Regards Robert Hartmann