Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Edit transactions

I need to edit the GST codes on some Spend Money transactions but they are uneditable. They are in the current financial year. They are not in a locked period. The option 'Transactions CAN't be changed, They must be reversed' is NOT ticked. So why won't it allow me to fix the GST codes?

• Hi IanEKNA 

Generally speaking, provided a transaction is recorded in the current financial year and you have don't have Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed enabled you should be able to edit a transaction. 

If you are not able to edit that transaction, it is likely that there has been a secondary transaction done that includes that transaction. For your case, as it is a Spend Money, I would check to see if the Electronic Payment option (top of the Spend Money window) is enabled? If so, it would indicate that an electronic payment has been done that includes this Spend Money transaction. As a result that electronic payment transaction first needs to be deleted before you can edit the Spend Money transaction. Our Help Article: Making electronic payments with a bank file has information on finding and deleting that electronic payment transaction.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi IanEKNA 

Generally speaking, provided a transaction is recorded in the current financial year and you have don't have Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed enabled you should be able to edit a transaction. 

If you are not able to edit that transaction, it is likely that there has been a secondary transaction done that includes that transaction. For your case, as it is a Spend Money, I would check to see if the Electronic Payment option (top of the Spend Money window) is enabled? If so, it would indicate that an electronic payment has been done that includes this Spend Money transaction. As a result that electronic payment transaction first needs to be deleted before you can edit the Spend Money transaction. Our Help Article: Making electronic payments with a bank file has information on finding and deleting that electronic payment transaction.

IanEKNA
      User

Thank you Steven. You have correctly identified the problem - it's a Spend Money electronic payment.

I can't see any good reason why MYOB doesn't allow editing of job codes and tax codes on the payment, but I guess I'll have to work around that shortcoming.