Forum Discussion

Kat4
Experienced User
10 months ago
Solved

EFT Payment file

On the 18/7/23 we processed our payrun as normal and sent file to the bank (manually) for payment.  File went through as per normal.  When reconciling our MYOB Bank feeds I noted that the first payrun was there to match, but our second one is sitting there with no match next to it.  Upon further inspection I have noted that when I go to payroll Prepare Electronic Payments the whole payrun is still sitting there waiting to have a bank file created.  I have checked the journal and the EP number it wants to use to create the file is the next in number sequence, so it looks like I have not created the file in the first place.  However this is not possible as staff have been paid and when I check into their card file contact log it shows me that this payment has gone through as PAID.

None of this makes any sense to me and I need to sort out what I do before my next payrun tomorrow 25/7/23.

If I create this bank file again will it show in employees contact log twice? Will it alter all my YTD figures. Help anyone - MYOB has not got back to me on this problem, possibly becuase it's in the Too Hard Basket and also the This Is Not Possible area.

• Hi, Kat4 

Thanks for your post.

Since the second pay run is still sitting in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, you can create the bank file but you will no longer need to upload it to the bank so that the payment will not be processed. It will not affect your YTD figures since the pay runs were already processed. The figures that you can see now, will remain the same even after you created the bank file. Downloading the bank file will only allow you to match the bank transaction to the payroll transaction. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Kat4 

Thanks for your post.

Since the second pay run is still sitting in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, you can create the bank file but you will no longer need to upload it to the bank so that the payment will not be processed. It will not affect your YTD figures since the pay runs were already processed. The figures that you can see now, will remain the same even after you created the bank file. Downloading the bank file will only allow you to match the bank transaction to the payroll transaction. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

Kat4
      Experienced User

Thank you so much Doreen, it’s as I was thinking – it cleared the Electronic payment file, matched it to my bank feeds and didn’t alter the employees contact log, so I’m assuming hasn’t altered their YTD

What I really wanted to know is how this was possible – like how could it still be sitting there when we had already gone through the process and paid everyone.  Would you have any idea what we may have done to have this occur?

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Kat4 

This usually happens when the pay run you processed has the payment method of electronic payment then you manually transfer the payment to the employees. Most likely what will happen is that the electronic payment will sit on the Prepare Electronic Payments window. 

Best regards,

Doreen