Forum Discussion

debm
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Get statement funtion in Bank

I've just noticed that there is a Get statement function in the bank reconciliation.  From a bit of research it looks like I need to download the statements from our bank as a certain file format.  Has anyone done this and how did they go about it.  I can't see anywhere in our online banking that you can change the format.

Thanks in advance

Deb

• Hi DebM,

Thank you for your post.

It's great that you've discovered the "Get statement" function in bank reconciliation. To download statements from your bank in the required format, the process might vary based on the online banking platform.

Generally, banks offer downloadable statements in formats like CSV, OFX, QIF, or PDF. However, the ability to change the format often depends on the bank's online banking settings. Usually, you'll find this feature within the "Statements" or "Download Transactions" section of your online banking. If you can't locate the option to change the file format in your online banking interface, I'd recommend reaching out to your bank's customer support. They can guide you through the specific steps to download statements in the necessary format.

Here's our Help article, Import bank and credit card statements, that has detailed information to guide you through the process.

Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi DebM,

Thank you for your post.

It's great that you've discovered the "Get statement" function in bank reconciliation. To download statements from your bank in the required format, the process might vary based on the online banking platform.

Generally, banks offer downloadable statements in formats like CSV, OFX, QIF, or PDF. However, the ability to change the format often depends on the bank's online banking settings. Usually, you'll find this feature within the "Statements" or "Download Transactions" section of your online banking. If you can't locate the option to change the file format in your online banking interface, I'd recommend reaching out to your bank's customer support. They can guide you through the specific steps to download statements in the necessary format.

Here's our Help article, Import bank and credit card statements, that has detailed information to guide you through the process.

Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess