Forum Discussion

Alastair
Cover User
10 days ago
Solved

How do I know who paid me by Stripe?

I received a deposit to my bank account via Stripe. These deposits do not have any customer identifiers or invoice numbers as far as I can tell. The invoice(s) will show as closed in the software but I'd like to see who this was from. I figure it must be two or more invoices as the amount doesn't match just one. Any ideas?
I wanted to ask this on MYOB chat help but I can't see any chat support any more!

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Alastair
    2 days ago

Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling MYOB and they told me to look at Reports>Sales>Online Invoice Payments>View Reports>Display Reports which opens MYOB in the browser and in that when you click the drop-down on a sale it shows who the customer was.

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Alastair

It sounds like you received a deposit via Stripe that lacks customer identifiers or invoice numbers. To identify the source of these deposits, especially when the amount doesn't match any single invoice, I recommend reaching out directly to Stripe's support team. They can provide detailed insights into the transactions and help you reconcile them with your invoices in the software. Consulting with Stripe directly will ensure accurate tracking and reconciliation of your payments. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

Alastair
      Cover User

Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling MYOB and they told me to look at Reports>Sales>Online Invoice Payments>View Reports>Display Reports which opens MYOB in the browser and in that when you click the drop-down on a sale it shows who the customer was.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Alastair,

Thanks for your post. Thank you for informing us about how you resolved the issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to start a new post, and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards,
        Earl