Forum Discussion

scotzam
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago

Please add job codes to find and replace

Please add job codes to find and replace!

If that takes a while to do can you have the option to show job codes column at least so I can see the transactions I need to change

Thank you

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi scotzam,

Thank you for your post.

While the AccountRight browser functionality does have a Find and replace function, this is currently limited to accounts and tax codes. Updating jobs on transactions would be a manual process.

The quickest way I could see you doing it would be to run the Job transactions report and then go through the transactions to update the job listed on the transaction.

Alternatively, depending on the purpose, you could just be looking at transferring the balance of the transactions across to the other job. This would involve a journal entry like the following:

The above process would take the funds from one job and place them against the other, while not impacting the overall balance of the account.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella

scotzam
      Experienced Cover User

Hello Shella,

Yes, I know how to do it manually. My post was not asking for assistance, but for improved functionality.

Find and Replace in Xero and Quicksbooks are miles ahead of MYOB . I was requesting that adding job codes is considered by MYOB.

Thanks