Forum Discussion

Gracy
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Reappearance of transaction in reconciliation after change

Hi there,  I would like to suggest improvement in the banking reconciliation feature. Somehow, if you change the ID (Cheque) number on transaction (s) after reconciliation was made, the transaction will 'reappear' in the next period bank reconciliation.  Could you please suggest how to clear this transaction that reappear ?

I had to change the ID despite the fact that the reconciliation was made, especially on credit card transactions to match with the credit card receipts.  And in our company, the receipts can be submitted like 6- 8 weeks after.  Sometimes, the person just found the receipt 3 months later. 

Really appreciate your response. 

• Hi Gracy you can just "tick" them as reconciled and they will go away after your have done your current bank rec. They don't have impact on your balance - so I have found anyway.

cheers

Teresa

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MYJEL
    Trusted User

Gary,

This is a necessary safe guard to ensure that any changes made after the reconciliation of any bank account is done stand out. Substantial changes to the data such as changes to cheque numbers, amounts and dates will have this effect. other more subtle changes such as cheque or remittance advise have been printed will not have this effect.

you will need to reconcile the bank account using the same date as the previous reconciliation and re-select the entries you have changed. you can then re-print your reconciliation which will show the new cheque numbers etc.

If this safe guard did not exist, anyone could make changes after a reconciliation was done and you would not notice it easily.

doublet
    Trusted Cover User

Hi Gracy you can just "tick" them as reconciled and they will go away after your have done your current bank rec. They don't have impact on your balance - so I have found anyway.

cheers

Teresa

Gracy
      Experienced User

Thank you.  Yes, your suggestion works fine without changing the end balance!