Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Reconcile Accounts

Hi there,

I have reconciled my bank dates as April 2023 but my accountant noted i have some transactions not allocated from November 2021.

How can i allocate theses old transactions? 

When I change dates as the bank statement date is a question " The Bank statement date you have entered is before the Last Reconciled Date for this account, and may be in error. If you wish to change the date click cancel"

Can someone help?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CAREYFIRSTNAT 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Can you please try to go to Banking>>Bank Transactions>>Under new banking, try and click on the Date column so that the triangle points down.

Let me know how you go, feel free to post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi CAREYFIRSTNAT 

This is likely not something you will be able to sort out over a forum, even with proper replies.

It might be best if you have a chat to your bookkeeper about bank reconciliation and the role it plays in having accurate accounts. There is something wrong if you have reconciled to Apr 2023 and there are Nov 2021 transactions 'not reconciled'. Without closely examining your accounts, while it is easy to 'hide' this, it is impossible to tell how to 'solve' this. 

These are either duplicate transactions (which means your financial statements for that period are likely to be incorrect) and should be deleted, or the transactions were posted to the wrong account, or there is a corruption in the file relating to bank reconciliations.

Regards

Gavin

• Thank you for your reply, but I can't find it  my product is Account Right Plus