Forum Discussion

nessbuilders's avatar
5 years ago

Reconciling Bank Statement

We had an invoice entered months ago that we set up a monthly automatic payment for through the bank.  So monthly I choose 'pay bills' and enter the amount to be taken off the invoice then record.  T...
  • Tracey_H's avatar
    5 years ago

    Hi nessbuilders 


    Thanks for your post. As the payment is more that the balance owing on the invoice you could treat this as a supplier overpayment. When entering the payment in Pay Bills you would enter the total payment, including the overpaid amount, which will automatically create a debit note for the overpayment. You would then go to Purchases Register>>Settle Returns and Debits tab>>select that debit and click Receive Refund.


    These help articles will guide you through this process:

    Supplier overpayments 

    Settling supplier debits 


    Please let me know if you need further help.


    If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.