Forum Discussion

hvc1
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Reversals in Electronic Payment Window & overpayment of wages

I have 6 transactions (includes 3 reversals) sitting in the Electronic Payment Register relating to 3 pays for the same employee that I’m not sure how to clear without affecting the bank reconciliati...
    Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi hvc1 

The transactions in the Prepare electronic payments window are the pay transactions, it doesn't matter which order you reverse these in.

Using the pay on the 21/9/22 as an example:

1. the original pay transaction for $3745.23 matched with the bank feed, leave this as this is the amount actually paid
    2. the reversal for $3745.23, process a positive pay to clear this reversal, make sure you enter all amounts and hours including super and leave accruals
    3. the second pay for $3313.23, reverse this pay
    4. in Prepare electronic payments you'll then have a debit and credit for both amounts, tick all four transactions and click on Bank file to remove the transactions from that window

You'll need to manually check the super and PAYG amounts are correct and adjust if required when processing the pay to fix the overpayment.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.