Forum Discussion

Jodes7
User
18 days ago
Solved

Accidently reversed a Electronic Payment

Hi Guys,  

I accidently reversed a Electronic payment from last month.  My questions are: Will the payment come back into our account?  Also I deleted the EP transaction from "prepare electronic payments section" as I followed the advice on MYOB forum, but my question is, these invoices needed to be paid and are now showing as "open" and it is showing in the bank reconcillation for today's date as the amount coming back into our bank account.  

HELP, I am still getting my head around it all and feel a bit out of my depth.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi Jodes7,

If you reverse a transaction within the app, it's only happening in the app itself – your real-life transactions are safe and sound. Think of the app as your personal transaction log. Also, if you happen to delete your electronic payment (EP), don't fret! You're just removing the transaction from your bank account, not wiping out your payments. Those payments are still chilling in your electronic clearing account, so no worries there!

To rectify the situation, simply delete the reversal and then proceed to redo the electronic payment from the 'prepare electronic payments' window. For detailed steps on deleting a reversed transaction, check out our FAQs here.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jodes7,

If you reverse a transaction within the app, it's only happening in the app itself – your real-life transactions are safe and sound. Think of the app as your personal transaction log. Also, if you happen to delete your electronic payment (EP), don't fret! You're just removing the transaction from your bank account, not wiping out your payments. Those payments are still chilling in your electronic clearing account, so no worries there!

To rectify the situation, simply delete the reversal and then proceed to redo the electronic payment from the 'prepare electronic payments' window. For detailed steps on deleting a reversed transaction, check out our FAQs here.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Jodes7
      User

Excellent, after a bit of internet research and thinking about it, i was able to correct the problem. I thought that reversing the transaction would reverse the payment entirely hahaha.  So thank you so much for your response, it has clarified everything for me.  Have a wonderful day!

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jodes7,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad that your issue is now resolved. If you have any additional concerns in the future, please feel free to post again, and we'll be happy to help. I'll be closing this thread now. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Sai