Forum Discussion

17 days ago

4066 Errors for price import

Greetings!

I am trying to do a batch change to the standard cost price from a certain supplier. I Export from MYOB, make the changes in the correct fields, save it, do a back up and import the file.

146 changes where skipped because of this error (Error -4066: You have purchases on file for this item).  Most of the items don't have open purchases against them. Do i really need to go through and manually do 146 price updates in the program? I'm not asking MYOB to change every entry to these items on every P/O, just the stand cost price going forward.

And before anyone suggests it, i'm not creating duplicates with a slightly different item name. That's just going to cause so much confusion in the business and is a terrible solution to this issue. Considering i could in the future have 1000's of items to do this too....

Cheers,

• Hi Earl,

I exported the item list with EVERY field available and made sure it all filled in and correct and it works.

Manually updating 450 items this time was not something I was looking forward to do doing. The fact this issue exists at all is just stupid, and is one of the factors behind my business looking into ERP software and other alternatives to MYOB.

We live in the digital age. It might be time for MYOB to get on board or fall by the wayside.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Aerovent_James

Welcome to the Community Forum! 

The error "Error -4066: You have purchases on file for this item" indicates that there are existing purchase records for the items you are trying to update. Currently, due to the nature of this error, you will need to manually update the standard cost price for the affected items. Before proceeding with the manual updates, you can try importing the changes for a single item to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, it will still need to be done manually.

Regards,
    Earl

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Earl,

Or you could run the Error 4077 script - both Error 4066 and 4077 are caused by the same bug in MYOB, and the script covers both.

Regards

Gavin

• Hi Earl,

I exported the item list with EVERY field available and made sure it all filled in and correct and it works.

Manually updating 450 items this time was not something I was looking forward to do doing. The fact this issue exists at all is just stupid, and is one of the factors behind my business looking into ERP software and other alternatives to MYOB.

We live in the digital age. It might be time for MYOB to get on board or fall by the wayside.