Forum Discussion

Anne-marie0206
Contributing User
14 days ago
Solved

Hi brains trust. How do i import a jounral entry from Employment Hero Payroll?

Hi brains trust. How do i import a jounral entry from Employment Hero Payroll?

I have done my first payrun in EH Payroll, but cant figure out how to import the journal entry into MYOB, os it shows on our accounts.

nmicallef
    6 days ago

Hi Norm-2468,

Yes .  Open the Myob export from Hero - Payrunjournal-ddmmyyyy.txt using NotePad.

insert {} as the first line. so the first 2 lines will be.

{}
    Journal Number    Date    Memo    GST (BAS) Reporting    Inclusive    Account Number    Is

Just save the file, (as TXT)

in MYOB import the file as a General journal -  Make sure all the account number used in Hero are all in MYOB, as you can get some very strange reject messages.

Good luck

5 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Anne-marie0206

I'm glad to know that you've done your first pay run in Employment Hero Payroll. However, importing a journal entry from this is a quite complex process. Therefore, I highly recommend reaching out to Employment Hero via their help page for an accurate resolution. Another user who knows how to handle this may be able to share their knowledge here. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

nmicallef
    Contributing User

It looks like MYOB have an incorrectly link to the General Journal import.   

The general ledger import file is now different than the General Ledger export file MYOB.

The export from Employment Hero for MYOB is in the correct format. 

To import EH Payroll file you use the Import - General ledger file in MYOB.

For some reason when you come to match the fields, MYOB is now showing different fields.

I am having the same problem importing EH payroll files and other General journal files.  This was all fine on 07/06/2024.

Norm-2468
      Cover User

Hi nmicallef

Have you been able to fix this?

I still cant get my import to work??

nmicallef
        Contributing User

Hi Norm-2468,

Yes .  Open the Myob export from Hero - Payrunjournal-ddmmyyyy.txt using NotePad.

insert {} as the first line. so the first 2 lines will be.

{}
        Journal Number    Date    Memo    GST (BAS) Reporting    Inclusive    Account Number    Is

Just save the file, (as TXT)

in MYOB import the file as a General journal -  Make sure all the account number used in Hero are all in MYOB, as you can get some very strange reject messages.

Good luck